Beet Salad With Goat Cheese and Walnuts
This beet salad with goat cheese brings so much flavor by pairing beets and goat cheese with walnuts, fresh greens and herbs, and balsamic dressing, And by toasting the walnuts in the oven until golden, you will boost the rich flavor of the walnuts even more.
- 4 cup(s) lettuce, mixed greens
- 4 tablespoon vinaigrette, balsamic, or fat-free balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 can(s) beets (8 1/4 ounces) chilled
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh snipped, or flat-leaf parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon 1/8 teaspoon pepper, black
- 2 tablespoon nuts, walnuts coarsely chopped, toasted
- 1 ounce(s) cheese, goat cheese, crumbled
Arrange salad greens on a small serving platter; drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the salad dressing. Set aside.
Drain and cut up beets. In a medium bowl, combine cut-up beets, basil or parsley, and pepper. Drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons salad dressing; toss to coat. Spoon beet mixture onto center of salad greens. Sprinkle beets with walnuts and goat cheese.
Calories 160, Fat 10g, Cholesterol 7mg, Sodium 700mg, Saturated Fat 3g, Protein 6g, Fiber 3g, Carbohydrates 14g
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!