Chicken Baked with Pumpkin
This casserole with savory bites of lean chicken breast, pumpkin, and fresh herbs has a whopping 25 grams of protein per serving and only 182 calories.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 cups cubed raw pumpkin (½-inch cubes)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 cup low-sodium organic chicken broth
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an ovenproof pan or casserole dish.
Add pumpkin, thyme, and chicken broth; cover.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender and chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Enjoy as is, or serve over cooked brown rice.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!