Jicama makes this salad crunchy and really filling! This recipe infuses extra flavor into it by soaking the matchstick size pieces in a lime and red wine vinegar dressing with oranges. It’s worth the extra effort to toast the pine nuts in a hot dry pan until they become fragrant and start to turn golden brown.
- ¼ cup 100% orange juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 medium oranges, peeled, separated into sections
- 8 oz. jicama, peeled, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 4 cups chopped (or torn) romaine lettuce
- 4 cups chopped (or torn) red leaf lettuce
- 1 tbsp. toasted pine nuts
Here are your instructions:
Combine orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, and oil in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Add oranges and jicama; mix well. Let sit, covered, for 30 minutes.
Combine romaine and red leaf lettuce in a large serving bowl; mix well.
Add orange mixture and pine nuts; toss gently to blend.
Divide evenly between four serving plates.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!