Pasta Fagioli Soup
This is a classic Italian pasta fagioli soup made with white beans and whole wheat pasta.
- 1 1/2 cups dry small pasta, whole grain or gluten free
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 16oz can green beans, no salt added
- 1 16oz can cannellini (white) beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 9 fresh rosmary sprigs
- Himalayan Salt and Ground Pepper
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside. Do not overcook.
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft.
Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium.
Add green beans, white beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper if desired; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!