This savory apple crisp dessert features the rich flavor of baked apples, walnuts, oats, and a touch of maple syrup.
- 4 cups peeled, sliced apples
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup, divided use
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup finely chopped raw walnuts
Preheat oven to 375° F
Combine apples, 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, and ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium baking dish; mix well. Set aside.
Combine oats, walnuts, remaining 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, and remaining ½ tsp. cinnamon in a medium bowl; mix well.
Top apple mixture with oat mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until apples are soft.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!