Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Roasting isn’t usually the first cooking method you think of for cauliflower but the results are quite delicious. The florets are cut into thick slices and tossed with extra-virgin olive oil and herbs. Wherever the flat surfaces come into contact with the hot roasting pan, a deep browning occurs that results in a sweet, nutty flavor, making this roasted cauliflower side dish an instant hit!
- 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets, (about 1 large head; see Recipes Notes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- To prepare florets from a whole head of cauliflower, remove outer leaves. Slice off the thick stem. With the head upside down and holding a knife at a 45° angle, slice into the smaller stems with a circular motion—removing a “plug” from the center of the head. Break or cut florets into the desired size.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Serving size: about 1 cup
Per serving: 152 calories; 10 g fat(3 g sat); 3 g fiber; 10 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 90 mcg folate; 7 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 99 IU vitamin A; 75 mg vitamin C; 163 mg calcium; 1 mg iron; 362 mg sodium; 519 mg potassium
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (125% daily value), Folate (22% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: ½
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, ½ lean meat, 1½ fat
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!