Chipotle Vegan Tacos
These flavorful tacos are delicious, and with only 166 calories per serving, they keep you feeling light.
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder (or 1 Tbsp. chopped canned chipotle chiles)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14-oz.) package extra firm tofu, sliced into approximately 2 x 3-inch sticks
- 8 large cabbage (or hearty lettuce) leaves
- ½ medium avocado, mashed or sliced
- ½ cup fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo)
Here are your instructions:
Combine 1 tsp. oil, lime juice, cumin, chipotle powder, and garlic in a shallow glass baking pan; mix well.
Add tofu; toss gently to blend. Marinate, covered, for 30 minutes. Drain and reserve marinade. Set aside.
Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
Add tofu; cook, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Top each cabbage leaf evenly with tofu, avocado, and salsa.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!