Chunky Vegetarian Chili
This vegetable chili recipe is a great way to get kids to eat fiber-rich foods. It is great if you are looking for something to pack for activities such as camping or tailgating or to be packed in a thermos for school lunches.
- 1 tblspn vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tblspn brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tblspns chili powder
- 1 tspn ground cumin
- 1 tspn dried oregano
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
Here are your instructions:
Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add sugar and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!