Love classic meatloaf? Here’s how to enjoy it and still stay lean. When you cook this super easy recipe, it will be devoured by everyone at your table. It is flavorful with onion, peppers, and herbs, and is incredibly moist.
This recipe makes six large portions for a hearty family dinner. Let kids in on the fun, they will love to help squish the meat and veggies together into a loaf!
- 1½ lbs. raw 95% lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ¾ medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium celery stalk, chopped
- ½ cup all-natural tomato sauce
- 1 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine beef, egg, garlic, onion, bell pepper, celery, tomato sauce, bread crumbs, mustard, and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well with clean hands.
Place mixture in loaf pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked through.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!