This simple stuffing is loaded with sweet apples, cranberries and topped with pine nuts. It tastes great warm or cold.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 medium celery stalks, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium green apples, with peel (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 cups dry quinoa, rinsed
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup pine nuts
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add celery and apple; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
Add broth, quinoa, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, for 15 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
Add cranberries. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with fork and serve.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!