Shaved Apple and Fennel Salad with Crunchy Spelt
Simply put, apples and fennel pair nicely together; the flavors are so complimentary. Canola oil may seem like an odd choice to use in a vinaigrette, but this keeps the flavors clean and straightforward; you can always swap it for olive oil if you’d like the vinaigrette to assert itself.
- 3 tblspns canola oil
- 2 tblspns cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tspns sugar
- 1 1/2 tspns whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 3/8 tspns kosher salt
- 1/4 tspns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fennel bulb halved and cored
- 1 small green apple, quartered and cored
- 1 small red apple, quartered and cored
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 cup Crunchy Fried Spelt
Here are your instructions:
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
Cut fennel and apples into 1/16-inch slices using a mandoline. Add fennel, apples, parsley leaves, and Crunchy Fried Spelt to vinaigrette; toss well to combine.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!