These shrimp tacos are seasoned with cumin and chili powder and are topped with lots of fresh veggies like green and red cabbage, tomatoes, and avocado. I love adding in lots of lime flavors when I make shrimp tacos and accomplish this in two ways in this shrimp tacos recipe. Lime juice AND lime zest are used to make a delicious lime-yogurt sauce and I also squeeze more lime juice on top of the tacos as a finishing touch before eating!
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¾ tsp. ground cumin, divided use
- ½ tsp. ground chili powder
- 1 lb. raw medium shrimp, cleaned, deveined
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. finely chopped lime peel
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 8 corn tortillas (or 6-inch whole wheat tortillas), warm
- 1 cup shredded red and green cabbage
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (for garnish; optional)
- Fresh lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
Combine oil, garlic, ½ tsp. cumin, chili powder, and shrimp in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Combine yogurt, remaining ¼ tsp. cumin, lime peel, lime juice, and cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add shrimp mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque.
Top each tortilla evenly with cabbage, tomato, shrimp, and avocado.
Garnish with cilantro and lime if desired; drizzle each taco with a small spoonful of yogurt mixture.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!