Tomato-Thyme Pita Crisps
With a light dusting of parmesan cheese and herbs baked in, these pita crisps are delicious by themselves. Top them with a generous serving of chopped, fresh tomatoes and they become a great appetizer to bring to a party.
- 5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped (or 2 tsp. dried)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (6½-inch) whole wheat pitas, split (tops removed from bottoms), cut into quarters
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (or sliced cherry tomatoes)
Here are your instructions:
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine basil, pepper, thyme, and cheese in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Spread pita wedges evenly on baking sheet.
Lightly brush each wedge with oil.
Sprinkle basil mixture evenly over pita wedges. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown.
Top pita wedges evenly with tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!