Shrimp Noodle Bowl
With this quick, easy recipe, you can skip the takeout all together and enjoy a fresh, homemade noodle bowl that’s filled with healthy ingredients. Seasoned shrimp cooks in just 3-5 minutes then gets piled onto rice vermicelli noodles with bean sprouts, cucumber, carrot, lettuce, cilantro, mint, and basil for a flavor explosion. The finishing touches are a tangy broth and crushed peanuts.
Note: Letting shrimp “marinate” with spices helps the meat absorb as much flavor as possible. However, if you are in a hurry, you can reduce the time or cook the shrimp immediately. We suggest grilling or broiling the shrimp in this recipe, but you can also cook it in a pan on the stovetop over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and firm.
- 20 raw medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined, tail on (about 6 oz.)
- 10 tsp. low-sodium fish sauce (like nuoc cham)
- Finely ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 8 oz. dry rice noodles (or vermicelli pasta)
- Boiling water, divided use
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchstick-sized pieces
- 4 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh Thai basil (or basil) leaves
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped raw peanuts
Here are your instructions:
Combine shrimp, pepper, and turmeric in a small bowl; cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Cook rice noodles in water according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
Preheat grill or broiler on high.
Grill or broil shrimp for 3 to 5 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and firm.
Evenly divide rice noodles between four serving bowls.
Top evenly with bean sprouts, cucumber, carrot, lettuce, cilantro, mint, and basil. Set aside.
To make broth, combine ¾ cup hot water, ¼ cup fish sauce, honey, and lime juice; mix well.
Top each bowl evenly with broth and sprinkle with peanuts; serve immediately.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!