Turkey and Swiss Sloppy Joes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 12 ounces ground turkey breast
- 2 cups thinly sliced kale
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces presliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
Here are your instructions:
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Add turkey; cook 6 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add kale, onion, thyme, garlic powder, and mushrooms; cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Whisk together milk and flour. Add milk mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove pan from heat; stir in cheese, pepper, and salt. Spoon about 3/4 cup turkey mixture onto each bun.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!