Black Bean Tostadas with Pickled Veggies
Make a small batch of quick-pickled vegetables for these tasty tostadas. If you don’t have white wine vinegar, use cider or red wine vinegar instead.
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed, mashed
- 1 teaspoon no-salt-added chili powder
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
Place carrot, pepper, green onions and vinegar in a medium bowl and let marinate about 1 hour. Drain vegetables and return to the bowl.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. Place tortillas on 2 sheet pans and bake 5 minutes; flip and bake until tortillas just become crisp and begin to brown around edges, about 5 minutes more.
Stir beans and chili powder together, and spread evenly over tortillas. Top with pickled vegetables, lettuce, avocado, cilantro and pumpkin seeds, and then serve.
Per Serving: Serving size: 2 tostadas, 230 calories (45 from fat), 5g total fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 40mg sodium, 40g carbohydrates, (10 g dietary fiber, 3g sugar), 8g protein.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!