Chicken and Black Bean Burrito Bowl
Make your own Mexican-inspired chicken burrito bowl with cilantro-lime rice and all the trimmings. This recipe uses black beans, but you can substitute pinto beans if you prefer. With fresh salsa, a squeeze of lime, and creamy Greek yogurt on top of crisp romaine lettuce, no other dressing is needed.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, warm
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked black beans, warm
- 1½ cups shredded cooked chicken breast, warm
- ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup fresh tomato salsa
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- 4 tbsp. low-fat plain yogurt
Here are your instructions:
Combine rice, lime juice, and cilantro in a medium bowl; mix well.
Evenly divide lettuce between 4 serving bowls.
Top evenly with rice mixture, beans, chicken, cheese, salsa, and avocado.
Top each bowl with 1 Tbsp. of yogurt; serve immediately.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!