Avocado Toast with Pumpkin Seeds
Basic avocado toast gets a new twist with shelled pumpkin or sunflower seeds as the crunchy finishing touch. This variation is as easy as sprinkling some seeds and crushed red pepper flakes on top of a lime and mashed avocado mix. Toasting the seeds in a hot skillet for about 30 seconds brings out their nutty flavor, and is worth the extra effort. Want to add protein? Top your toast with a poached egg or scrambled egg whites.
- 1 ripe medium avocado, mashed
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tsp. fresh lime (or lemon juice)
- 4 slices low-sodium sprouted whole-grain bread, toasted
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin (or sunflower) seeds, toasted
Here are your instructions:
Combine avocado, salt, pepper, pepper flakes (if desired), and lime juice in a medium bowl; mash until well mixed and slightly chunky.
Evenly spread avocado onto each slice of toast. Top evenly with pumpkin seeds.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!