Healthier Seven Layer Dip
This recipe provides a lighter version of seven-layer dip, that is heavy on fresh veggies, and uses non-fat refried beans and low-fat yogurt instead of sour cream. This healthier seven layer dip is the perfect recipe to use at your next game day party to keep things light!
For more of a kick add spicier beans and add chopped jalapeño!
If you’re looking for a heart-healthy, lower sodium option, try making your own taco seasoning! Check out this taco seasoning recipe to learn how to make your own! You can store any leftovers in an airtight container so you will always have some on hand.
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 dash sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 8 oz low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. all-natural taco seasoning, no salt added
- 1 (15-oz) can nonfat refried beans, warm
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, ends trimmed, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. shredded cheddar (or pepper jack) cheese (½ oz)
Here are your instructions:
Mash avocados in a medium bowl.
Add lime juice, salt, and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
Combine yogurt and taco seasoning in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Top serving platter with beans, avocado mixture, yogurt mixture, tomatoes, peppers, green onions, and cheese.
Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!