Black Bean Veggie Tostadas
Top a whole wheat tostada with black beans and other veggies to get a filling, fiber-packed meal!
- 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- ½ cup low-sodium organic vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 cups finely shredded leaf lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1½ tsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ medium ripe avocado, sliced
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with spray. Place tortillas in single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden. Set aside.
While tortillas are baking, heat 1 tsp. oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute, or until golden.
Add beans; cook, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Add broth and cilantro; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Mash bean mixture with a potato masher into a chunky purée. Remove skillet from heat. Cover and set aside.
Place lettuce and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Drizzle lime juice and remaining 2 tsp. oil over salad; toss gently to blend. Set aside.
To serve, place a tortilla on each serving plate. Top evenly with beans, salad, and avocado.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!