Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp
Make a hearty and healthy pasta in less than one hour with fiery, roasted red peppers and plump, juicy shrimp.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 tblspns extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tblspn unsalted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tblspn minced garlic
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tblspns chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tspn chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tspn chopped fresh sage
- 3/4 tspn salt
- 1/2 tspn freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tspn crushed red pepper
- 1 tspn extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tblspns shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
Here are your instructions:
Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 20 minutes. Peel and chop; set aside.
Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Set aside; keep warm.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the onion is tender, stirring frequently. Add shrimp to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Add bell peppers and 1/4 cup lemon juice to the pan, and cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp are done and half of the liquid has evaporated. Add chopped parsley and the next 5 ingredients (through 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper) to the shrimp mixture. Remove pan from heat.
Combine cooked fettuccine and 1 teaspoon olive oil in a large bowl; toss well. Add shrimp mixture, tossing gently to coat. Top each serving with cheese.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!