Spinach Salad with Grapes, Cherries & Walnuts
Do you tend to fall into the trap of making the same salad over and over again, either out of habit or lack of ideas? I usually go for a more savory spinach salad with things like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, onions, carrots, corn, beans, salsa.. basically anything hearty that I have on hand. I know what I like, but sometimes it’s nice to try something new. What about switching things up by adding fruit and creamy cheese? This spinach salad with grapes, dried cherries, green apple, walnuts and goat cheese balances out the tart and sweet flavors perfectly. This salad would be great to have for either a full lunch, a light dinner or side salad.
for the salad
- 1 bunch spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup dried sour cherries
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 green apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled goat
- cheese, optional
for the dressing
- 2 teaspoons apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Here your instructions
In a large bowl, combine spinach, cherries, scallions, apples, grapes and walnuts.
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar and oil, and season dressing with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Add dressing and optional cheese to spinach mix, toss and transfer to serving plates.
Currants or dried apricots can be substituted for the dried sour cherries. if you prefer.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!