Egg White and Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
This ethereally fluffy frittata tastes rich, thanks to the cheese wedges. Pair with a green or fruit salad to make this dish into a nice brunch.
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 ounces ricotta salata, cut into 6 thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Here are your instructions
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place salt and egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar and pepper; beat until soft peaks form. Gently fold in tomatoes and onions.
Heat olive oil in a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread egg white mixture evenly in pan; arrange ricotta wedges on top. Drizzle with tomato oil. Bake at 400° for 16 minutes or until puffed and golden. Loosen with a spatula; slide onto a platter. Serve immediately. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!