These healthy chicken tacos are not only easy to make, but they taste so good!
Let’s get one thing straight, there aren’t many chicken tacos that I’ve come across that I don’t like. So I might be a little biased. My go-to tacos are usually topped with ground chicken, red cabbage or lettuce, cilantro, onions, jalapenos, lime, and salsa. But I’m all for mixing it up once in awhile!
These simple chicken tacos taste like delicious comfort food, but they have only 248 calories and 6 grams of fat per serving! For added flavor, check out this fresh Pico de Gallo recipe or this tasty Peach and Jalapeño Salsa recipe.
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warm
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add onion and chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and chicken is no longer pink.
Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
Season with salt and pepper if desired.
Top tortillas evenly with chicken mixture; garnish with cilantro.
- The seasoning can be made ahead of time and can be stored in an air tight container.
- You could also substitute ground chicken or ground turkey for the chicken breasts if you prefer.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!