Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
Topped with crunchy veggies and a tangy yogurt sauce, these high-protein turkey burger patties will fill you up on good stuff without weighing you down. Sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and herbs give them a Mediterranean flavor that set them apart from the average turkey burger. They’re excellent for meal prep served on a bed of greens or mashed sweet potato.
- ¾ cup reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided use
- ¼ tsp. dried dill weed
- 1½ lbs. 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 medium red onion, thinly slice half, finely chop half, divided use
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 oz. frozen spinach, thawed, squeeze out liquid using a kitchen towel, chopped
- 6 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 cooked medium beet, sliced thin
- ¼ medium cucumber, sliced thin
Here are your instructions:
To make yogurt sauce, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, and dill in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
Preheat grill or broiler to high.
Combine turkey, chopped onion, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, cheese, remaining 1 clove garlic, oregano, bread crumbs, and egg in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well with clean hands. Form turkey mixture evenly into six patties.
Grill or broil patties for about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle.
Serve patties topped evenly with yogurt sauce, onion slices, beet, and cucumber.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!