Lamb Meatballs with Mint Yogurt Sauce
These easy-to-prepare meatballs combine the classic flavors of lamb with a creamy, mint dipping sauce.
Ingredients for Meatballs:
- ½ cup whole grain panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 lb. raw 90% lean ground lamb
- 1 large egg white (2 Tbsp.)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped raw almonds
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
Ingredients for Sauce:
- ½ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 6 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Combine breadcrumbs and almond milk in a large bowl; mix until moistened.
Add lamb, egg white, garlic, almonds, mint, parsley, salt (if desired), and pepper (if desired). Use clean hands to mix thoroughly.
Shape lamb mixture into balls, about 2 Tbsp. each.
Heat a large ovenproof skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium heat.
Add half of meatballs; cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
Return all meatballs to skillet; place in oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
While meatballs are baking, combine yogurt, lemon juice, mint, and cumin in a small bowl; mix well.
Serve meatballs with yogurt sauce.
Please note, some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). I only recommend products that I use and have found helpful!